Friday 28 October 2011

A Few Tears...

"One foot in front of the other..."

In 2003, when Matthew Good's album Avalanche came out, I fell in love. I fell in love with his music, with his words. Never has an album touched me as much as Avalanche. To this day, it is still one of my favourite albums and I know that won't ever change.

A lot of people would say that Matthew Good's music is a bit depressing. It is. But that's something I love about it... his music is real. It's filled with real emotions, talks about real life. And real life is painful, and it's depressing a lot of the time. I can really relate to it.

Tonight, for the fourth or fifth time, I will have the opportunity to see Matthew Good in concert. And although my life is pretty friggin' fantastic these days, I look forward to listening to his words and feeling a bit sad... and shedding a few tears.

"This key is to your kingdom, this key is to your heart. Neither one is a doorway, but both of them a part."

No comments:

Post a Comment