Tuesday 26 February 2013

The One That Got Away

On some occasions, I make the decision not to attend shows that I really want to see. Although this doesn't happen very often, it has happened a few times. However, most times I am able to settle the score and catch another show of the band that I missed seeing the first time around. But one show keeps haunting me: Miike Snow. The one that got away.

File:MiikeSnowHappyToYouStandard.jpg
Image courtesy of Wikipedia
Last Spring, the band's sophomore album "Happy to You" was released and it is phenomenal! My (former) co-worker and I listened to the album non-stop for a better part of 2012. Safe to say, I really wanted to see this band live.

Last May, Miike Snow was playing in Montreal at the Métropolis (my favourite concert venue). Unfortunately, the show was on a weeknight. Although a few friends told me that they were interested in seeing them, no one committed to coming to the show. At that point, I wasn't willing to travel solo and see the show by myself.

So I missed it. Since then, I've regretted it. Hell, even my friends who had expressed interest in going regretted it as well. If I had the opportunity to go back in time, I would hop on a Greyhound, go to Montreal and go to the show on my own.

***

Last week, Consequence of Sound reported that Miike Snow frontman Andrew Wyatt will release a solo album entitled "Descender" this Spring. In addition, the album's first single "And Septimus…" is available for streaming. And I love it!

What's the best part of this news? A new album usually equals touring. So I might get my chance to see Miike Snow (or a part of it) after all.

You can listen to the Wyatt's new single here. And while we wait for his album to be released, let's listen to some Miike Snow, shall we? Check out the video for "The Wave", a single from the 2012 album "Happy to You". The song is fantastic and, although the video is a bit bizarre, I really enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment