Saturday 2 February 2013

Winter Blues

I've got the Winter blues.

So far, 2013 hasn't exactly been kind. But, I'm still hopeful that some good things are forthcoming. Trust me, it hasn't been all bad. Who knows, maybe I'm just being melodramatic tonight.

I feel like I've missed out on some really fun events in 2013 so far. Last week, I was really looking forward for two different events (Nature Nocturne & Ellie Goulding). Both of these events I unfortunately missed due to an unexpected, last-minute trip to the Maritimes so I could attend a friend's funeral. I don't regret my decision to go home. However, I'm still left in a bit of a funk. Maybe it'll take some time to get back in the swing of things.

Because I haven't attended that many events recently, I haven't been updating my blog as much as I would like. So much for my little goal of blogging once a week...

On another note, I started my apprenticeship with Winterlude this morning. Unfortunately, due to a bad cold, I was sent home. I am trying to rest up so I overcome this cold. I don't like not being at my best, especially when I've committed to help with something. I hope tomorrow goes better and that this cold goes away fast.

If you happen to stop by Winterlude during the week-ends, be sure to stop by and say hello.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Julie, don't let this weather/cold bring you down! As someone who spent most of January sick at home watching reruns of Property Brothers, I can totally sympathize with you that January was less than stellar. BUT, February is a new month and I can already tell it's going to be an amazing one for Ottawa!
    Hope you feel better soon xox

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    p.s., maybe I'll see you at one of the next Nature Nocturne events :)

    ReplyDelete