Sunday 7 July 2013

Bluesfest - Day 2 + Day 3

On Day 2 of Bluesfest, I did some volunteering and went home. There was nothing on the schedule that particularly interested me so I decided to catch up on some much-needed sleep.

On Day 3, after two volunteer shifts, I headed to the Claridge Stage to check out Fitz & the Tantrum. Usual scenario: I had heard of the band yet I had not previously heard their music. Despite not knowing what to expect, I was really looking forward to seeing the band. Verdict: I was really impressed! The group sounded fantastic. Frontman Michael Fitzpatrick and frontwoman Noelle Scaggs are electric on stage; they have great chemistry. Their music is a great blend of pop and soul.

Then, it was time to see Neko Case at the Bell Stage. This is one of the performances I was most looking forward to. However, it was a big disappointment. Case sounded great except the sound overall was terrible. You could hear way too much feedback, and it was really frustrating, especially since the American singer/songwriter has such a lovely voice. Despite this, I stayed for the whole performance.

After on the Claridge Stage, Belle & Sebastian took the stage. Although I wasn't quite sure what to expect, they delivered a good performance. It was definitely hard for them to follow Fitz & the Tantrum (especially in terms of stage presence and energy) but they still managed.

Having heard their soundcheck earlier that day, I knew I wanted to see the Dixie Chicks. Judge me all you want, but I went to see the Dixie Chicks and I LOVED their performance! They started their set with "Goodbye Earl". They played all the songs I really enjoy, including "Traveling Soldier", "Cowboy Take Me Away" and "Not Ready to Make Nice". They also performed their cover of "Landslide" from Fleetwood Mac. Overall, a fantastic performance and the ladies sounded fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment