Friday 6 December 2013

Anything Can Happen (This is Just the Beginning)

A lot can happen in a year. For me, 2013 has been a year of hard work and self-realization. After losing a friend in January, I began to really understand the importance of seizing the day, and living life on my own terms.

At my age, it feels like everyone around me is getting married, buying houses and having babies. Yes, I may be married, but I don't feel like I relate to these people. I feel this constant pressure to settle down, and lead a normal life. Well, normal equals boring to me. And I definitely don't want that for my life... At least not right now. I've got so much life to live before I settle down.

A year ago today, I interviewed a band for the first time. Safe to say, this was a really big deal to me. Thanks to Sors-tu, I was able to go backstage at the Metropolis to speak to Band of Horses. This  moment was one of my personal and professional highlights. I felt absolutely surreal. I felt excited, nervous and really proud of myself. Proud that I made it that far... Proud that I had pursued my interest passion and that I never gave up. I am extremely thankful for that opportunity and for the others that were presented to me. You can read the interview here.

My interview with Band of Horses was just the beginning. Since then, I've interview a lot of bands, written a lot of articles, and seen a hell of a lot of shows. When I got involved with Couch Assassin in the Fall of 2012, I was looking for more writing opportunities. I never imagined that I would get to live my dreams, see more amazing shows, meet so many awesome people and support local artists by being an advocate for my artistic community.

I cannot even express my gratitude for all the opportunities I've had, and all the amazing artists that I've seen perform and that I've met. This year has been an absolute dream, and I am so thankful.

Here's to another year of living life to its fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment