Monday 17 February 2014

Julie Takes Over the Airwaves

Last week, I had the opportunity to do something I had never done before, something that really scared me, but something I had always wanted to do: I was on a radio show.

My friend and fellow Couch Assassin Andrew is the current host of Indie City Madness at CKCU, Carleton's community radio station and he was asked to replace a fellow radio host Tonya Price for her bi-weekly show Friends with Benefits. He asked me to join him, and I jumped at the opportunity.


I was really excited about this opportunity because it's something I always wanted to try. I worked really hard on the programming of the show, and I think it paid off. I played all Canadian content, and played lots of great artists and bands, including:

SaxSynDrum
Groenland
Sound of Lions
Leif Vollebekk
Amanda Cottreau
Josef Mieto
Ben Caplan
The Yips

I've gotten really good feedback, so I am very pleased. You can check out my attempt at co-hosting a radio show right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment